At first, far in Jan-2022 I thought it’s not related to me. But some time later, Jun-2022 I realized there are some results with yDNA haplogroup I2a+ I-Y4460.
Based on source “Whole genome analysis sheds light on the genetic origin of Huns, Avars and conquering Hungarians” (Jan-2022):
- “sequenced 9 Hun, 143 Avar and 113 Hungarian conquest period samples, and identified three core populations, representing immigrants from each period, with no recent European ancestry”. Andrii: 265 results.
- “results suggest that this “immigrant core” of both Huns and Avars originated in present day Mongolia, and their origin can be traced back to Xiongnus“.
- “On the other hand, the “immigrant core” of the conquering Hungarians derived from an earlier admixture of Mansis, early Sarmatians and descendants of late Xiongnus”.
- “… detected shared Hun-related ancestry in numerous Avar and Hungarian conquest period genetic outliers indicating a genetic link between these successive nomadic groups”.
- “identified that the majority of the individuals from each period were local residents, harboring “native European” ancestry.”