People ask me “how much does it cost to do genealogy research?” or “how much money you spent on your archives visits?” or “how expensive is the DNA test?”. So I collected a few items in this article, which will be ongoing, and I will update it as soon as I spend money on new stuff again 🙂
I have separated spreadsheet, which I update frequently. So total value is at the bottom of table.
Mostly related to genealogy, images search, relatives search:
- MyHeritage annual payment (2018-Feb – 127$)
- I paid 165$ yearly (2014-2015) for MyHeritage website support (PremiumPlus account), where I manage my trees. But since 2017 I have ability for PremiumPlus with discount, and now it’s 95$.
- Before 2016 I paid 99$ for ancestry.com per year to have ability search records in dedicated areas. But then un-subscribed that plan.
- Since 2016 I pay annual subscription: MyHeritage MyHeritage Family Site Extensio1 – 29.07$ – not sure if I still pay.
- Since 2016 I pay annual subscription: MyHeritage SuperSearch Historical Records 1 – 29.07$ – not sure if I still pay.
- One time payment for 12.70$ (49zl) http://www.sejm-wielki.pl/ (Sep-21-2016)
- (+/-)80$ – Nov-2016 accident payment for fold3.com Premium account. More about genealogy, images search, etc. But luckily it was redeemed.
- Ivano-Frankivsk 40 UAH (2011)
- Lviv ~40 UAH (2015)
- Krakow Baziaka 200 PLN (2015)
- Przemyszl – just transport (2016)
- Jan and wife Lundziak (aka Jan Lundiak from Stanislawow) electronic scans from archive in Poland/Opole – paid 29.90 PLN
- Johann Lundziak (aka Jan Lundiak from Novica) electronic scans from archive in Poland/Lodz/Kalisz – 15EUR (65 PLN)
And this is not including transport expenses. I do not include it, because it’s either very small or I treat this also as a touristic trip/travel.
Looks not cheap hobby 🙂