People ask me “how much does it cost to do genealogy research?” or “how much money you spent on your archives visits?” or “how expensive is the DNA test?”. So I collected a few items in this article, which will be ongoing, and I will update it as soon as I spend money on new stuff again 🙂
- 215$ – First order, shipping kit to Ukraine; mtDNA Plus test and Y-DNA37 test.
- 39$ – S17250 SNP
- 39$ – Y3118 SNP
- 79$ – Y-DNA-67 for more precisely results. There is Y-DNA111, but no need.
- 39$ – CTS10228 SNP
- 69$ – Family Finder (another test based on atDNA)
- 30$ Prosapia test in early 2015. (not very good, I would say a bit not relevant)
- 5$ Promethease test (2015) – great test, atDNA based, lot of information related to SNPedia.
- 78$ – Y4460, Z17855 (2 more SNPs)
- 39$ – S8201 SNP (Oct-2015 ordered, Dec-07-2015 completed)
- 78.95$ – Family Finder atDNA test (Dec-2015. But in fact price was $88.95, I used FTDNA group discount for $10).
- 169$- mtFull for female kit. Feb-2016.
- 7$ Promethease test for another kit (Feb-2016).
- 82$ FamilyFidner test for father.
- 22.50$ ordered A6105 via YSEQ (Sep-21-2016 ordered, Oct-17-2016 received results).
- 5$ – Promethease report for father’s DNA.
- 77$ – Oct-22-2016 ordered YSEQ I2a-M423 Panel. Results: A6106-.
- 17.5$ – May-2017, YSEQ YDNA test to verify SK1241 (result C-).
- 18$ – Jun-25-2017, YSEQ YDNA test to verify B57 aka Y3106.
Total: 1098.95$ (Jun-2017).
Mostly related to genealogy, images search, relatives search:
- I paid 165$ yearly (2014-2015) for MyHeritage website support (PremiumPlus account), where I manage my trees.
- Before 2016 I paid 99$ for ancestry.com per year to have ability search records in dedicated areas. But then un-subscribed that plan.
- 2016 annual subscription: MyHeritage MyHeritage Family Site Extensio1 – 29.07$
- 2016 annual subscription: MyHeritage SuperSearch Historical Records 1 – 29.07$
- 12.70$ (49zl) – one year payment for http://www.sejm-wielki.pl/ (Sep-21-2016)
- (+/-)80$ – Nov-2016 accident payment for fold3.com Premium account. More about genealogy, images search, etc. But luckily it was redeemed.
- Ivano-Frankivsk 40 uah (2011)
- Lviv ~40 uah (2015)
- Krakow Baziaka 200zl (2015)
- Przemyszl – just transport
And this is not including transport expenses. I do not include it, because it’s either very small or I treat this also as a touristic trip/travel.
Looks not cheap hobby 🙂